Taste of New Orleans
Enjoy the award winning cuisine of Chef John Besh during your next trip to the Roosevelt New Orleans. This annual event is back by popular demand and is now available for booking. Whatever you’re in the mood for, you’ll find something delicious to complement the unique sights you’ll see in the Big Easy.
Most of the participating Chef John Besh restaurants are located downtown, near our luxury hotel.
Chef John Besh was raised in Southern Louisiana and has earned top marks in the culinary world. He is known nationally for his acclaimed dining experiences which lend to local flavors and ingredients. Besh’s talent and drive have earned him continuous accolades. He has been named one of the ‘Top 10 Best New Chefs in America’, by Food & Wine, as well as winning the prestigious James Beard Award for Best Chef of the Southeast in 2006. In 2009, he was awarded Food Arts’ Silver Spoon Award for revitalizing the culinary legacy of New Orleans. August is his flagship restaurant and is a Gayot Top 40 Restaurant and a Wine Enthusiast Top 100 Restaurant, in addition to being a 2012 and 2013 James Beard Nominee for Outstanding National Restaurant. John Besh has appeared on ‘The Next Iron Chef’ on the Food Network, as well as the acclaimed Sundance Channel ‘Iconoclast’ series.
The Taste of New Orleans package includes accommodations and an exclusive 20% discount for participating Besh restaurants in New Orleans, including:
- August – Focusing on local ingredients, the cuisine at August is French with the flair of Southern Louisiana
- Domenica – Known for outstanding pizza and Italian rustic country fare and is located in the lobby of The Roosevelt Hotel.
- Luke – A brasserie serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert right on St. Charles Avenue, Lüke has been hailed by Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure, and The Times-Picayune and more
- La Provence – French inspired cuisine in a country setting with a large selection of wines from France, Germany and the United States
- Borgne – Using a concept created by Chef’s John Besh and Brian Landry, Borgne is THE spot for Louisiana seafood
Terms & Conditions
Offer is subject to availability for stays booked and completed by September 15, 2014. Rates are valid for single/double occupancy and exclusive of all taxes, incidental charges, and gratuities. When booking, please request the “Taste of New Orleans” package or Offer Code “RPNOT2.” All currency values featured reflect U.S. dollars. Additional restrictions apply.